 Star Wars / 1255
  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

thats the most expensive set, but doesn't look that cool, does it?? i was expecting some big ship or even a base or something.... William Ng (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

I was expecting something like this (knowing roughly, what a pod race is), but sharing your opinion about "coolness". Maybe because we are not so familiar with the newly introduced SW universe thingies. I feel that, for example, R2D2 is as familiar (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

I could see myself buying the set. Look at the color choices, the piece count, and it supposedly has 10-11 minifigs. I'll be at TRU when they open at 12:01am May 3, and if they have ALL the Ep1 sets, I'll buy ALL of them. Possibly 2nds of some. It's (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

Is anyone else having trouble imagining where they put 894 pieces in this set? Based on this picture, I would have guessed 4?? pieces. -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

Selcuk brings up a very good point here. Now that these set pictures are leaking out we can still see them as original designs. It would be as if Lego were simply introducing a new space theme. This way, we can judge the sets, not on their (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) Maybe they're mostly 1x1 plates... But seriously, to me it seems like there'd be tons of little pieces, much more than a larger set usually has. I guess this seems reasonable to me if I take into account how the pods are basically constructed. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

Amen, Tom..... Orange, Orange... [my latest mantra] -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) For me, the crowd is part of the attraction. Assuming it is a ruly crowd, of course. I'd much rather watch a movie in a theater than in my living room. And I don't care (that much) about the sound quality. I just like the experience, the large (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) I'll probably buy one or two of each for myself, plus a third to go into my next part auction. Of course, I'll probably have to give my crdeit card to my mother after that, but it'll be worth it! ;) Jeff (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

I don't see large quantity of orange in this set. If you are looking at the bigger racer on the right, it is mainly yellow. Look at the upper left "wing", which is clearly yellow. The other "wings" are in shadow which make them look orange. Wish (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) profile picture of the three racers in the bottom right corner, the top pod has a yellow front and the bottom one looks like it has a orange front. I think the top of the upper left wing that you mention looks yellow is that way because of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) "wing", (...) has (...) From what I've seen in the trailers and leaks about Hasbro's products this is Sebulba's pod-racer and it does seem to be orange. (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) I enjoy the movie theater experience too. I do have this hangup about liking to sit in fourth or fifth row center, but I can get over it for a popular movie. The big screen definitely wins out over livingroom TV. I was thinking of the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) If TPM is just mediocre, it will still be the hit of the summer. It would have to be really abysmal to fail in the marketplace. I'm expecting George will make his money back extremely quickly. And there was bound to be more hype about this one (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

How much you want to bet George has ALREADY made back the money? There is a LOT of licensing going on. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Roger Connor wrote in message ... (...) pod (...) think (...) is (...) Purple! No, blue! Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

My thoughts on the Pod Race: Definately buying the set. Wal-Mart accidently put out Hasbro stuff today including Anakin's Pod (24.95) and my first thought was : Too bad it's not the Lego version! Where are all the colored flags? I see yellow, green (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Picture of Mos Espa Podrace box

(...) I'm sure the licensing agreements will pay him back, although it might be payments over the durations of the agreements. Steve (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)