 Star Wars / 12476
Re: The decline of "From Bricks to Bothans"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:52:07 GMT

I'm afraid there is a bit of a misunderstanding here though - I never said
that LEGO would provide anything through FBTB.  I hold no exclusive
agreements with them.  The fact that I do not allow discussion of leaked
materials on my forums is my business and mine alone.  I apologize if it has
come across that I am shoving 'Respect the Brick' down your throat.  It's
just a simple catch phrase that I try to abide by.

First off Tim I apologize to Tim for my X-Files style conspiracy theories. I
actually originally replied to Alfred’s post to defend FBTB, but now as I
read my post it is clear that I focused more on my theories than on my
praise of your site. It is clear from your post here that I was greatly
mistaken in my perception that you were “in bed” with TLC.

And for the umpteenth time, LEGO holds ZERO control over what I do.  Why
should I post leaked information when I'll just get an email from them
asking me to take it down?!?  Why would I go and show EpII sets before they
are supposed to be shown when the limited interaction that I've had with
LEGO has shown them to be exceedingly kind to me?

I'm not sure when FBTB was ever non-conformist.  But you most assuredly
won't find me becoming a rule breaker.

I guess I kinda thought it was cool when FBTB shocked the world with an
exclusive post of set names, numbers, prices, or pictures; just to have TLC
force you to take them down. That is what I meant by non-conformist. I fully
understand and respect the manner in which you run your site. I really like
the new look and have always loved Greg's comics, I often forward them to my
non-Lego friends. FBTB remains the best single source for any and all
information relating to Star Wars and Harry Potter Lego sets (no disrespect
to Lugnet). Keep up the good work.

Scott