 Star Wars / 12472
Re: The decline of "From Bricks to Bothans"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:16:35 GMT

Mucho Snipo

I actually spoke to someone from FBTB about this very issue, here is how I
see it (largely my opinion). When FBTB first hit it was an instant success
because it scooped everybody for news and images of forthcoming sets. What
then happened is they became victim of their own success. Because they were
so cool and so cutting edge they got noticed by our Danish friends who also
thought they were cool and decided to grant them special access to
confidential information. This information althoug came with a bit of a
catch, whereas now they were restricted as to what they could report and
when, when they could show images, etc. The person I spoke to told me about
the Rebel Blocade Runner and Darth Maul Bust weeks before FBTB announced it,
but told me to keep it quiet as TLC didn't want info going out yet.

Don't get-a me wrongo, I still think FBTB is one of the coolest Lego sites
on the web, and I check them two or three times a week. I just wish they
would return to their non-conformist, edgey ways. Everyone loves a rule breaker.

Scott