 Star Wars / 1215
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:35:59 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Berry writes:
It's possible TRU could get into trouble.  Although, this might be one of
those isolated cases where a TRU employee accidentally put this set out.
Apparently, this has happened with some of the Galoob Micro Machines Episode
I toys.

Overall, I like the Gungan Sub (from the box picture), but I'm not really
into underwater craft and I doubt I'll buy this set -- unless it's the only
way to get one or two of the characters.  It reminds me too much of one of
the ships in the Stingrays theme.  Also, I have a feeling LEGO took some
artistic freedom with the design.  In the trailer for Episode 1, we see Jar
Jar, Obi Wan and Liam Neeson's character all sitting in the same cockpit
(ala the M. Falcon).  In the LEGO rendition, they're all in individual
cockpits.  BTW, I think those bricks are blue, not purple.  I have a feeling
the purplish hue was caused by the scanning process.

Steve

Actually, I just still-framed the trailer, and there are three distinct
bubbles on the top of the sub (which sort of makes sense, from a survival
standpoint), but other than that it's hard to tell any details - it's only in
the trailer for a couple seconds, and for most of that, we're looking straight
at the headlights :)  It does appear to be more mantaray shaped than the TLG
model, which looks kinda like an A-wing to me ;-)

As to purple vs blue - I'm pretty certain it's purple, as there's no other
color shifting in the picture; the white is white, the grey is grey, the
minifigs are minifig colored, etc

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/