 Star Wars / 1224
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:43:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:
As to purple vs blue - I'm pretty certain it's purple, as there's no other
color shifting in the picture; the white is white, the grey is grey, the
minifigs are minifig colored, etc

That's not White, it is Gray!  :)  The gray, dark gray, and black are
lightened.  So, I'd say it is Blue, not purple.  Besides, I don't think they'd
make a new color just for this set, at least not on the scale seen here.

Jeff

(I just knew someone would say that)

There is no white (that I can see) in the model, nor black (except for the
manta ray).  I was refering to the white in the Lego logo, which is very
distinctly white, as is the black, as is the red.  The red especially would be
noticable if there was enough of a color shift to make blue look that purple.

Of course, I could be wrong :)  I did play with brightness and contrast in
photo editor, and I could make the purple look blue, but not Lego blue, and it
turned the rest of the picture into indistinguisable murk.(1)

Besides, TLG already has purple - they just haven't used it extensively for
bricks.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1: which might be a more realisitic image of what could actually be seen down
there ;-)