 Star Wars / 1213
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:16:20 GMT

It's possible TRU could get into trouble.  Although, this might be one of
those isolated cases where a TRU employee accidentally put this set out.
Apparently, this has happened with some of the Galoob Micro Machines Episode
I toys.

Overall, I like the Gungan Sub (from the box picture), but I'm not really
into underwater craft and I doubt I'll buy this set -- unless it's the only
way to get one or two of the characters.  It reminds me too much of one of
the ships in the Stingrays theme.  Also, I have a feeling LEGO took some
artistic freedom with the design.  In the trailer for Episode 1, we see Jar
Jar, Obi Wan and Liam Neeson's character all sitting in the same cockpit
(ala the M. Falcon).  In the LEGO rendition, they're all in individual
cockpits.  BTW, I think those bricks are blue, not purple.  I have a feeling
the purplish hue was caused by the scanning process.

Steve