 Star Wars / 1223
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:33:15 GMT

My guess is that the bricks are purple for two reasons:
1. Though the red in the scan is very red... the faces on the minifigs
   and in the SW logo are yellow, and not orange.
2. It also looks to my eye like a color match to MegaBlocks dark
blue/purple,
   showing a lack of creativity on TLG's part,
   which, being a cynic, I would expect from TLG.

The orange 1x2's on the front may or may not be trans-orange.
It's hard to tell.

-- dave