 Star Wars / 1213
    Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —Steve Berry
   It's possible TRU could get into trouble. Although, this might be one of those isolated cases where a TRU employee accidentally put this set out. Apparently, this has happened with some of the Galoob Micro Machines Episode I toys. Overall, I like (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —James Brown
   (...) Actually, I just still-framed the trailer, and there are three distinct bubbles on the top of the sub (which sort of makes sense, from a survival standpoint), but other than that it's hard to tell any details - it's only in the trailer for a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed/the great sneak trick —Jason Fabisch
     Tonite after work I am going to my TRU and asking them to check lego stock on item 7161. Usually I can get someone to go back and grab a box full. I think I should be able to pull it off if I act casually and assure that the sets are ok to be out as (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —Jeff Stembel
     (...) That's not White, it is Gray! :) The gray, dark gray, and black are lightened. So, I'd say it is Blue, not purple. Besides, I don't think they'd make a new color just for this set, at least not on the scale seen here. Jeff (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —David Blomberg
      My guess is that the bricks are purple for two reasons: 1. Though the red in the scan is very red... the faces on the minifigs and in the SW logo are yellow, and not orange. 2. It also looks to my eye like a color match to MegaBlocks dark (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —James Brown
     (...) (I just knew someone would say that) There is no white (that I can see) in the model, nor black (except for the manta ray). I was refering to the white in the Lego logo, which is very distinctly white, as is the black, as is the red. The red (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —Ryan Dennett
   I think that this is a really cool ship. I would get it just for Jar Jar if he isn't in any other set. As for the color, I think that it is probably blue because in the catalog the TIE fighter looks like it has purple, but those of you who have it (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —Simon Denscombe
   (...) I'm afraid to say it's blue - LEGO Purple is quite dark if I remember looking at Mindstorms correctly - half-way between LEGO Blue and LEGO Red. I don't know how people could say it's purple - that would be a very different colour. (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —David Blomberg
   I quickly retract my opinion- now that I've opened the image in photoshop and tweaked the color balance to reduce the red saturation, the bricks do indeed look blue. And the minifig faces become closer to Lego yellow. Too bad. Purple would have been (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed... —Bram Lambrecht
   (...) I don't agree... For those of us who don't have enough money to buy tons of copies of the same set, old colors are better because we have more of them. For example, I don't like the fact that Cyberslam uses teal and purple because that means I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)