 Star Wars / 10613
Re: Opinion on 2001 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 05:22:16 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brian Stuhan writes:
I finally found some 2001 SW stuff at Target yesterday. I grabbed a couple
of the Escape pods and one of the 7127 AT-ST's.....does anyone else think
that this set REALLY sucks?

To be honest, I LIKE the AT-ST.  No, it's not a wonderful set overall.  For
$10, however, it is.  If you can manage to prop the legs in the correct
position, it can walk fairly well, and I think the way they have the hatch
is set up nicely.  Having Chewie is both a + and a - for me.  Bad because
stormtroopers are cool, good because I DID want a chewie and this is a good
way to get one.

The AT-ST only sucks on three points in my opinion:  (1) No Stormtrooper ,
(2) No AT-ST Driver, (3) The head does not turn left and right.  I can
correct the last myself, but the other two make upgrades expensive.  On
other bad news (relatively) Target clearance sales have increased my Biker
Scout Army to 32 mini-figs (at $2.44 a piece who could say no?).  Why is
that bad?  Cause how in the heck am I gonna get at least that many Stormies?
Lego HAD BETTER come up with a sub-$10.00 set including 2 to 4 Stormtroopers
next assortment round, or at LEAST a collectable mini-fig pack with 2
Stormtroopers and one TIE Pilot soon (like now).  I think that this is my
major gripe with the AT-ST, it is Imperial, after all.
2 cents,
Aaron