 Star Wars / 10399
  Destroyer Droid head?

Hi all. I've got the technic Destroyer Droid, and it's a lovely model, with that great rolling feature. However, the head has a distressing tendency to pop off in the midst of rolling. It's easy enough to fit back on, but it makes the model less (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

(...) Well, I encountered that same problem, and found a solution. The head is only held on with a 3L axel with stud, so what you do is take a piece of tape and wrap that piece around twice, sticky side to the axel. What you will notice when you put (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

(...) Mine did the same thing, and I made three changes: - I used a larger (looser) pair of elastics for the head - I shoved the "nose" tube piece in quite a bit further than is depicted in the instructions - I swapped the (technic pin/half length (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

"John C Fiala" <jcfiala@cssltd.com> wrote in message news:G6AIIx.BBy@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) pop (...) makes (...) All I did was cross the existing bands that function the head. Connect the left neck band to the right of the head, vice (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

(...) I just got the set for Christmas, and there was this leaflet of amendments to the instructions that amounted to the following: - At one point when the half completed droid is upside down the instructions show a rubber band on the bottom of the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

(...) of (...) altogether. Any chance of scanning these amendments for the head, and making them available? Lego should really make these available on their site, but for some reason they don't. Martin (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

(...) Mine must have had a different amendment sheet. I don't see any rubber bands where the arms connect, I didn't even get any red rubber bands in my set, and I can't see the grey bits in the original instructions. My set didn't have any trouble (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

(...) Martin, Did you get my e-mail. I scanned the amendment and sent it to you. I can send it again if you wish. That goes for anyone else too. (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

"Joseph Cardana" <jcardanas@home.com> wrote in message news:G6F2DA.4rK@lugnet.com... (...) instead (...) for (...) I (...) I'd love a copy sent to me. Thanks. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. who is at arcanamachi@netzero.net (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

Yes I did, thank you, but I already have those amendments. In the post I replied to, it seems that Ray Kremer may have further amendments to the head assembly, as per the following quote from his post: (...) of the small black ones. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Destroyer Droid head?

(...) That happens about half the time with mine depending on how hard I roll it. Here's what's supposed to happen. With the thing folded up, hit the red button on "top". You can see the little brace lift up and release the front legs. The legs will (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)