 Star Wars / 1014
  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) A concern that I have, that I hope is unfounded and unrealized, is a Town Jr'ized or UFO'ed MF, as the back end of the Falcon is rounded. To further knock down the part count, much of the ship that contains only equipment would probably be (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) I was wondering if the large UFO hull pieces could be used. Those things are 15x15, right? That'd give a 30-stud diameter, more if the hull pieces spaced out, leaving room for docking arms and engine exhaust ports and forward holds. This would (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) Steve, Thanks for the link to this site! The author has done an incredible job of detailing the Falcon... His plans and a couple of thousand bricks would make for the ultimate MF. BTW, has anyone considered using baseplates for the upper and (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) No problem. I wasted a couple of hours going through this site. His writing style is just a bit tabloid, with extra! exclamations!, and some of his logic is slightly faulty, but I agree with most of what he's saying. (...) Baseplates as in the (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) wrote: (...) I actually have a design for a very large spacecraft that I can build (I've done all the proof-of concept models) whose hull is made up entirely of baseplates (including roadplates for the hangar bay) but to build it would involve (...) (26 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) As far as you're concerned, you don't get to talk about stuff you've imagined until you post it. That's only fair given the caliber of your MOC's :) You're just causing the rest of us to drool, putting us at the risk of keyboard electrocution (...) (26 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) style is just a bit (...) but I agree with most (...) The site *is* a bit clunky, but the volume of information more than makes up for it. The real payoff is the floor plans at the end... the symmetry of the layout makes the case for me. (...) (...) (26 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) That sounds really cool, and maybe a little frightening. If you want to cut up parts, baseplates are probably the ones to start with. I've cut up a raised riverplate, after it got stepped and cracked. As far as LDrawing, that would be (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) I think he gets too hung up on a symmetrical ring corridor and having the main hold located front and center. Which are nice and clean, and make sense. But there's already a certain amount of asymmetry in the MF, so why not more? The whole (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

Steve Bliss wrote in message <37058426.142266614@...et.com>... (...) proper (...) would (...) Not _that_ difficult if you were willing to learn the basics of part creation. I can't think of an easier part to model than a plain baseplate. Just 6 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Falcon in the works???

(...) Hmm. That's an idea. Anything to help Karim. (...) MPD. Steve (25 years ago, 9-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)