 Star Wars / *14509 (-20)
  Re: Who made the Star Destroyer?

(...) I think a few weeks might be cutting it a bit fine to bring a set to market! I think the main inspiration is seeing that their customers are willing to put some huge models together. I'm sure the Master Builders at Lego love doing this sort of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Snapshot: Revised o-wing

Ahh...the alphabet returns. Like welcome spring rains. The beefed up vectoring engines are an excellent addition to the design. It gives the impression that it is an atmospheric and space capable craft. As for the pilot, since the design has been (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Poll: Greeblies or Greebles?

(URL) The Shipyard - (URL) The Moonbase Project - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Snapshot: Revised o-wing

Following up on Gil Shaws cool idea: (URL) than this be a Geonosian fighter (like I said before ep 2 came out) I figure it should be an InterGalactic Banking Clan craft. Like this dude: (URL) similar to these guys, which apparantly belong to the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Destroyer Lighting

Capital idea, Joe - thanks! There are quite a few of these kits available on eBay as well. This will probably be the way to go. Now to place my order on shop.lego.com and wait an agonizing month... :-) ===...=== (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Who made the Star Destroyer?

I'd like to think that the Master Builders at LEGO were inspired by some of the AFOL creations, most particularly Jeff Jardine's ISD Pursuer ((URL) which preceded the official set by several weeks and is a simmilar design... I hope we'll see more (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Who made the Star Destroyer?

So was this an in house Lego design or did they get outside help? It just seems to me that the Star Destroyer is built with a more AFOL technique than even the Blockade Runner or UCS X-Wing (which cheat with printed patterns for detail when they (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  7163 Fighter Jet and Mecha

Hi All, Wasn't sure if this was the best question for Star Wars, Military, or Mecha folks. I'm interested in building the fighter jet and mecha models on the back of the 7163 box. Has anyone attempted this? I could probably duplicate the sections (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Has anyone ever tried to build this before?

That's the TIE Defender with the three wing pylons you were referring to. Don't know if you've seen our custom UCS TIEs but we've done quite a few of them. Regards, ACPin & Sons In lugnet.starwars, Jesse Alan Long writes: Long (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ewok Celebration Diorama

Yeah, we know what you mean about this scene in the movie. So we decided to have some fun with it and added the captured Imperials and such! Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *Star* Destroyer?

(...) They probably named it that because it sounds cool. I mean, which sounds better? "Oh no, theres a star destroyer headed right for us!" or "oh no, theres a ship destroyer headed right for us!". Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *Star* Destroyer?

No, it's just called a "Star Destroyer" for the same reason that the USS Enterprise is a "Starship". The Enterprise is a Ship designed to operate amongst the stars - likewise the SD is simply a military vessel operating in space. Andrew. "Mark (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: *Star* Destroyer?

(...) No, the Star Destroyer could never destroyer a star. in ANH Han made the comment that all the ships in the starfleet could not destroy a planet (being Aldeeran) I suspect it is called a "Star Destroyer" for the fearsome name. the Empire ruled (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Z-95 Headhunter

Hey All, I don't usually post here (I'm a .castle guy) but my cousin is a Star Wars MOC builder and he built this recently. He isn't a Lugnet member so I am posting this for him. Here is a link to the pics. (URL) and all comments are welcome, thanks (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  *Star* Destroyer?

Can the Imperial Star Destroyer really destroy stars? I mean, didn't it take something the size of the Death Star to destroy a mere planet? Maybe these would more aptly be named "Imperial Ship Destroyer" and "Death Planet"... Mark (energizing (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Has anyone ever tried to build this before?

(...) Well, I just mentioned it because I saw people build a TIE Fighter, a TIE Bomber, a TIE Interceptor, and one other kind of TIE with three wing pylons but I forgot the name of it and no one had ever built one on LUGNET before and I was (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Your loss dude. I have to totally disagree with your perception of the "great AFOL community". See my post here: (URL) . I've seen lots of positives here, and have been glad to have this online community to share with and learn from. Much like (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

(...) Did it occur to you that perhaps a lot of the people who read Lugnet also read FBTB and might reply there? I think that generally people don't post in both places. In any case, making a drama queen "woe is me, I'm leaving whilst slamming the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

"Guybrush" <REMOVECAPSguybrush@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:H4wMvF.AwM@lugnet.com... (...) section (...) For me, it's "OK, so I don't get any replys on LUGNET about a MOC. Let's see what's going on with the photos I put up on BrickShelf?" I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS Naboo Starfighter 2.0

Jon, I think he'd like your stuff better if you called them "customs." James (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact