 Star Wars / 14508
Re: Snapshot: Revised o-wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:33:58 GMT

Ahh...the alphabet returns.  Like welcome spring rains.

The beefed up vectoring engines are an excellent addition to the design.  It
gives the impression that it is an atmospheric and space capable craft.

As for the pilot, since the design has been beefed up, how about a beefed up
droid or half-driod (merged into the hull at the torso and arms...like
Geiger's alien in the original)?  Perhaps a design similar to Jeremy
Sproat's mini mechs...

Damn bankers.  First the jacked mortage rates, now this :)

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
Following up on Gil Shaws cool idea:

http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/DSC02411.jpg

Rather than this be a Geonosian fighter (like I said before ep 2 came out) I
figure it should be an InterGalactic Banking Clan craft.  Like this dude:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/hailfiredroid/img/movie_bg.jpg

And similar to these guys, which apparantly belong to the Commerce Guild:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/dwarfspiderdroid/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/homingspiderdroid/img/movie_bg.jpg

This also makes me think I should loose the battle droid pilot and pop some
sorta droid brain under that dome (or loose the dome too) making this a
droid fighter.

What do you guys think?

Hmm now I'm thinking that this would now be the IBC O-wing...which makes me
want some Root Beer.

-Jon