 Star Wars / 14517
Re: Snapshot: Revised o-wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 06:26:54 GMT

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H520CM.Au@lugnet.com...
Ahh...the alphabet returns.  Like welcome spring rains.

I'm gonna remember that one. ;-)

The beefed up vectoring engines are an excellent addition to the design. • It
gives the impression that it is an atmospheric and space capable craft.

I'm trying to find a balance between having the engines tilt and getting
some greebles in there to fill the open areas up a bit more.  I want them to
have some good movement but I don't want too much of the lance they are
supported on exposed.

As for the pilot, since the design has been beefed up, how about a beefed • up
droid or half-driod (merged into the hull at the torso and arms...like
Geiger's alien in the original)?  Perhaps a design similar to Jeremy
Sproat's mini mechs...

Good input but I think I'm gonna try and make it as close to the afore
mentioned droids as I can.  I like the idea of the entire craft as one
self-aware droid.  I keep thinking of a big red eye or something, with some
small eyes and sensors clustered around it. (all of this where the cockpit
is now)

This brings up another thing.  I've always felt like the big droids from
these 2 prequals were actually rather "cute".  I've thought this ever since
I saw the way the droid starfighters in Phantom Menace bolted away at the
beginning when that turret shot the Radient 7.

I just think they are extremely well designed by Chiang. (I don't hate Doug
Chiang like some others, BTW) To me they seem like large beasts of burden
who wouldn't be so violent if only they were programmed differently.
Anyway, random thought.

-Jon