 Star Wars / *14414 (-20)
  Re: Pictures from Legoworld 2002 - lots of Star Dest. pics

Forgot to post this in .starwars: (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) What about "Chewbacca's Life Day" or whatever it was called? Or that Droids cartoon? And how about that Ewok made-for-tv movie? 8^) Actually, you're probably the guy to ask--I recall many many years ago reading something in which Luke was (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Well the 'Official' order of canon is as follows: -Movies -Novels of Movies -Radio Dramas of Movies Not quite canon but overruling 'official' sources are: -Expansion Novels originally published by Bantam Books -Expansion Comics originally (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

(...) It looks like we're already seeing evidence that the peeron inventory of it is a bit off (not that I don't appreciate the work that went into its creation!) There's visibly more than 2 6x12 grey tiles. I'd suggest that perhaps the # of 6x12 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Ah yes, I had forgotten those-- I wonder which order the two would be in themselves? IE would data in the novels be considered better than the radio dramas? I think I'd assume that to be the case. So: - Movies - Novels - Radio Dramas - (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) The novels of the movies and the original radio dramas are also canon after the movie in that order. [snip] (...) You say it would be 137 feet tall like it isn't about that. Watch 'Empire' where luke "magna-grapling hooks" his way up to the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Pictures from Legoworld 2002 - lots of Star Dest. pics

Dutch Lego show, link is from an RTL posting -- these pics are not mine, but there wasn't really a name associated with the post or the webpage. Lots of pics of the Star Destroyer, and a bunch of other neat models as well. (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Some of them sure are :) (...) Yeah, unfortunately, the guage of "accurate" could be measured: #1 - Canon - anything taken DIRECTLY from the RELEASED movies. Even scripts or uncompleted scenes aren't canon. #2 - Official - anything lisenced by (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

Whoops, these were not deep linked. Let's try that again: Trains and town (URL) Wars (Star Destoyer!) (URL) hope this works better. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

More pictures of LEGOworld 2002 in Zwolle (the Netherlands) on October 18th 2002!!! Check: (URL) reviewed. Some previews: Town and trains (URL) Wars (URL) Potter (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Ep 2 Comming to IMAX November 1st

Just got this in SW Homing Beacon #71 (URL) only shows IMAX theaters in the US and Canada. Adrian Egli (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) You are forgeting one very important thing here. Canon sources (the actual movie) overrule any and all offical sources. This is the stated policy of Lucasfilm, Paramount(Star Trek), and pretty much every major anything. In Empire Strikes Back (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) You can NOT go based off what the SW.com database has. That is not offical! (Hear me out before you start screaming). Mr Lucas himself did NOT enter in the data into the DB. But Mr. Lucas himeself did supervise and create all the stuff for the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Hop-Frog, you've got it all wrong!

(URL) The problem with EPII wasn't a feeble story or lame acting or the unbelievable love affair between the beautiful young senator and her creepy-obsessive-bro...chopath... The problem is with The Internet. I particularly love this bit: (...) Oh, (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

The conclusions drawn by Dr. Saxton in his Technical Commentaries are false. The "true" (as true as any fictional ship can get) length of a Super Star Destroyer is either 12,800 meters as stated on SW.com's databanks, or the 8000 meter RPG length. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

<delurk again... can't.... resist.... geekness...> So a SSD built to minifig scale (assuming the 1 stud = 1 foot convention, or 1:39) would be a smidge over 450m (1476 feet) long. I prefer a 4 studs to the meter (1:32) scale for minifigs, which (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) The Super Star Destroyer and the regualar Star Destroyer have the same bridge. In Empire Strikes Back, Han attaches his ship to the back of a Star Destroyer Bridge. In Return of the Jedi, Han flies past the Super Star Destroyer Bridge. Not (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Death Star Size Comparison Chart

(...) Taken from the summary of the "Dimensions" section of this page. (about 1/3 of the way down the page) (URL) presently-available evidence indicates that the diameter of the first Death Star is in the range 160 - 165km, although the purely (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Another piece of evidence supporting this: given that the Star Destroyer and SuperStarDestroyer have at least similiar shaped bridges: if the bridges were the same size (which is a valid assumption), then the length is 17.6km. But if the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Borg Cube Added [Re: Size Comparison Chart (Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5)]

(...) This reference isn't canonical, but it's a start: (URL) Well, the Sulaco's kind of a pipsqueak compared to other starships. What about the Nostromo? I can't find any dimensions, other than an indication that it masses 63,000 metric tons. Dave! (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact