 Star Wars / *12258 (-20)
  Dark Blue too (Re: New Dark Red Translucent?)

(...) I recently got the new Technic R2D2 set (8009). It has several parts with the new dark blue color. Some of the dark blue parts were noticeably translucent while the others were quite solid in color. TLC must still be working on their pigment (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

(...) You can't be serious! That they chose red is, IMHO, just absolutely great. It's a orangish red anyway. There was a lot of orange in previous sets (snow speeder for instance) and I am glad to see these very useful parts come out in red rather (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Is the Blockade Runner worth it??

I am considering buying this pricey set, but I wanted to see if everyone here thought it was worth it first. I have not seen one in person so it is hard to judge. Thanks, Chuck (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

(...) In my humble opinion the cloud car is rather spiffy actually. It seemed to scale with the the other starfighters and well constructed. In any event in the movies they seemed reddish to me anyway. My eyes! My eyes! What's the matter with them? (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: got em all

Actually I rejoice in the absence of printed legos. I can't stand stickers and really can't stand legos that have stuff imprinted on it. How many "glass" pieces have been ruined? The space stuff is really bad. They insist on putting horrible designs (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

(...) I share your disappointment (actually I'd rate this is one of my biggest disappointments with the SW theme), but since the model was approved by Lucasfilm I doubt the color was overlooked. Since they've made simliar decisions in the past, my (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) I can confirm that the new Cam dark red hair element is likewise translucent, I was going to post about it but I probably forgot to do so. Not sure what I think about it, but I am not bothered by it as it stands. It is interesting in that it (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Dark Red Translucent?

(...) It's like the stuff they make lolly frogs and snakes out of. (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Dark Red Translucent?

My wife gave me a Rebel Blockade Runner for Christmas (she is wonderful and the set is wonderful - what a pile of pieces! - the set that is). I noticed that the new dark red pieces looked a little different then the other pieces - and not just that (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

It's cool that we're going to get four red medium-slope corners in a $10 set, but the set should've been orange. Continuing proof that too many people in the R&D department aren't familiar with the films. Dave "Joel Hoornbeek" <joel@webaccess.net> (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: got em all

(...) I just recently thought this through, as many of the UCS X-Wing and RBR stickers could have been printed pieces. I think the problem has to do with time to market. It probably takes a lot longer to produce printed pieces for a set, then to (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: got em all

(...) I know that the creations I see here weren't easy to build. What's wrong with a challenge? If I had the RBR, I would customize it to hold mini-figures. Is the RBR to scale with the far too small LEGO System models like the Sith Infiltrator or (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7127 starwars imperial AT-ST observation

(...) And it probably beats the price of buying the non-LEGO action figures of these characters, which is how I try to think of the new Star Wars diorama sets. (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Imperial Platoon Breakdown

Shaun,according to The Imperial Sourcebook from the West End Games SW RPG, an Imp Army Squad consists of 8 Men commanded by a sargent (9 troops total). In a basic, unspecialized squad, one light repeating blaster is carried per squad. Its safe to (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Ep 1 Chess Set

"Kung-Khoon Quah" <kquah1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:GoCK0q.7rH@lugnet.com... (...) manipulated (...) fighters.LMKWYT. (...) KK: I just got around to looking at this today and I must say, excellent work! I really like all of your ideas (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: 7127 starwars imperial AT-ST observation

I don't have a Imperial Shuttle (yet), but I take it the 'pilot' minifigure in that does not have a Imperial Officer torso? But I agree - the Final Duel II set is a great way to get multiple Stormies and Imperials :) Figure the retail cost about $7 (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Am I crazy . . .

Considering that Lucasarts prolly had the final ok on what the model will look like, I would imagine that there was a prototype with LEGO's bright orange bricks, but Lucasarts prolly thought it was too 'bright' and the red in use now was the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Imperial Platoon Breakdown

I don't think there's ever been an Official Lucasarts/Star Wars breakdown of the Empire's Military. But bear in mind that on the Death Star those were all 'security' troops (kinda like what Marines are on a Navy ship) and as such the heavier weapons (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: got em all

Having seen one up close and almost personal a couple weeks ago, it will NOT convert to minifig usage very easily. It's actually a bit smaller than minifig scale (almost half or 1/3 minifig scale, I would guess). Most of the interior is taken up by (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  No A-wing

It sounds like Lego is not going to sell the A-wing any more. My Mom was going to get it for me for Christmas but Lego said that they were out and that they won't be getting any more. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact