 Star Wars / 12240
Re: got em all
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:45:22 GMT

Having seen one up close and almost personal a couple weeks
ago, it will NOT convert to minifig usage very easily. It's actually a
bit smaller than minifig scale (almost half or 1/3 minifig scale, I
would guess). Most of the interior is taken up by structure pieces
that holds the outsides together.

Big disappointment I found was that the decorations are all
you-apply-yourself decals rather than printed on the bricks/pieces
like other decorated parts (one exception: radar dishes with the
tie-fighter hatch design is recycled here). Rather easy to misalign a
decal and forever have a decoration that's off-kilter. (another pain
is two large side decals that cover multiple slopes).

Still, when/if my budget would allow, I'll get one for my collection.

In lugnet.starwars, John R. Beck writes:

Well, I broke down and ordered the Runner.  Now I got all the
new sets

either on the way or already at home (except the big yoda).
Question:

anyone convert the runner to minifig already?  I plan to do so as I
build

it.  Any tips?