 Star Wars / *10613 (-20)
  Re: Opinion on 2001 sets

(...) The AT-ST only sucks on three points in my opinion: (1) No Stormtrooper , (2) No AT-ST Driver, (3) The head does not turn left and right. I can correct the last myself, but the other two make upgrades expensive. On other bad news (relatively) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?

Skip, I've lost faith in TRU with the 2001 line. I'm on the road a lot, and I make a point to visit every WalMart and TRU on my route. Although WalMart's shelves were bare for a couple weeks after Christmas, they wasted no time replenishing every (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinion on 2001 sets

(...) To be honest, I LIKE the AT-ST. No, it's not a wonderful set overall. For $10, however, it is. If you can manage to prop the legs in the correct position, it can walk fairly well, and I think the way they have the hatch is set up nicely. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinion on 2001 sets

(...) **snip of parts Mark likes** I'm also quite favorably disposed to the 1x4 brick with 4 side studs, not to mention the inverted 2x2 slope with viewscreen. Dave! (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinion on 2001 sets

(...) Why is it nearly every set non-UCS this year can be described in these terms? What happened to the good ol' days when LEGO produced sets that were good *and* were good part sources? Dave! (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: And the winner is...

Excellent job by everyone. Also, kudos to Nathan Sawaya for his Death Star II. That is a really neat model and the only entry that I saw that wasn't a vehicle (well, a traditional vehicle, anyways). Tim Ralph Döring <doe@gmx.de> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinion on 2001 sets

(...) I don't personally care for the looks of the AT-ST, but I have bought four of them for the parts. Parts I like: -1x2 plate with click-hinge joint -New cylindrical click-hinge extensions -decorated 2x2 round tiles -gray canopy extension -dk (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Missing stickers

(...) Thanks all! called ca today, and had two sets of decals shipped out, no questions asked, no problems- a great service, if anyone's interested! thanks again! moish (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opinion on 2001 sets

(...) It's not a great AT-ST, but it's excellent for parts. I plan on buying many as soon as they go on sale. Same goes for the Escape Pod. Main model bad, parts good. Jeff J (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TIE offscale

(...) Hah! Or maybe he used a variation on my favorite quote from Dexter's Lab Darth: I am taking this X-1 Tie Fighter Ground Crew: Ok, Lord Vader, if you would just sign this requisition form. D: You fail to understand. I said I was taking the X-1 (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Opinion on 2001 sets

I finally found some 2001 SW stuff at Target yesterday. I grabbed a couple of the Escape pods and one of the 7127 AT-ST's.....does anyone else think that this set REALLY sucks? (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TIE offscale

(...) And even if it doesn't, is anyone here gonna argue with ol' Darth if he says it does? Vader: This (breathe) is my fighter. (breathe) Pilot: But Sir, I was issued this fighter! Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing. Pilot: Thump. -JDF (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?

(...) I've seen Watto's Junkyard at our local TRU... but I haven't seen any of the other 2001 SW sets there. -Bryan hobartrus@hotmail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TIE offscale

(...) Every official source I've seen refers to it as "Darth Vader's TIE Fighter." Here's a link to it on the official Star Wars website: (URL) a direct quote (in case you don't wanna click the link): "Against the Rebel X-wing and Y-wing fighters in (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Missing stickers

(...) Well, I know everyone's opinion is different, but I wouldn't gripe too much. The stickers really stink; they make the set look unrealistic. Call Consumer Affairs for stickers (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8002 Droid Amendment book, here's how to keep your head on :)

If you dig back in the archives a couple of weeks to my original description of the amendments I explained it. The original instructions erroneously show the rubber bands on the bottom. They are shown on the top throughout the rest of the book. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?

I found them at Wal-Mart before Christmas... I haven't looked there again recently. I did see them in Kohl's yesterday though. Before Christmas I posted a message here about my experience at a local TRU when a worker there told me that they wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TIE offscale

(...) Agreed. From what I know, it was the prototype and he was "trying it out". Joe (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8002 Droid Amendment book, here's how to keep your head on :)

(...) Actually the change here is the top picture. The subsection is upside-down and the rubber band is on the bottom rather than the top. I'm not sure if this was ammended before my copy was produced or not. I did the ammendments that you had put, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  8002 Droid Amendment book, here's how to keep your head on :)

There was a discussion about a month ago on addendums to the 8002 Droid instruction book. I got a second copy of 8002 Droid today, and inside I found an amendment book. It is Part # 4131258. On the cover is labeled "Amendment sheets for improved (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact