 Sports / 98
  (canceled)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

Yeah, you'd figure LEGO would have chosen somebody else (a Dutch player for example, no bias here since I'm from Holland :) ). It's not the first time Zidane has gotten into this kind of trouble. Mark Lugnet Member #485 Mark's Legoland @ (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.sports)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

Not only that, the new soccer sets need a referee!! Can you imagine Zidane running around on the field without one (or Davids, or both, since his name has come up too). Mark van 't Hooft Lugnet member 485 markslegoland@brickbay.com (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

(...) Try to get your hands on a field from the Europe World Cup promotion, it comes with a hed referee with a red and yellow card (1x1 tiles) and two linesmen with flags. Sometimes you can find just the refs for sale as well (I think they were (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

Right, I have a set of those. What I meant was that it would have been nice if LEGO had created a set to go with the new soccer series (2001, 2002?). I would like to see that and some other things, like the World Cup series has. I like your ideas (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

I hope there are more sets in coming years. I'm really hoping that the sereis continues until 2002 with the World Cup in Japan/South Korea. I'd be interested in seeing your grandstand modifications. I was considering extending the seats from the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

I started building last night. So far I have combined two stands and various pieces from a red lego bucket (#?) I ended up with a stand that has three rows of normal seats plus one row of "box" seats. I also combined four white roof pieces to create (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

(...) Ok, I did some major reconstruction. I tore down about half the stands and added in a third set. I ended up with 5 rows of seats plus one row of box seats. In addition, this gave me enough blocks to redo my concession stand in the back. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

(...) How long is it along the "viewing" side? I'm wondering how many would be needed to line one of the sides of the World Cup field (96x48 studs). I can't wait to see a picture. (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

It's 16 studs on the viewing side, so you would need 6 (x3 is 18 sets of stands). I'm going to go broke .....! Mark (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

I thought the 16 I bought for all 4 side combined was bad! 48 will put me in the poor house. Maybe that will be Phase 3 of the project, I'll have to go to the LEGOville voters (aka my wife) with a referendum for stadium improvements. There will be (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Oh No Zidane!!!

I'd be interesting in seeing your creation. Mark Lugnet member 485 Markslegoland@brickbay.com (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.sports)