 Sports / 239
Re: What torso looks the best as a soccer shirt?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 21:08:57 GMT

In lugnet.football, Kevin Cheng writes:
Wow, this NG is kinda dead, I guess not many people are interested in
soccer... hehe.
Anyway, right now I'm building a soccer stadium and I'm looking for a good
torso design for 1 of the team shirts.  I'm planning to use the Coke
white-background, red-strip torso for the home team, and I'm thinking of
getting a non-plain torso design and add  decals to it for the visiting
team.
What do you guys think would be a good torso + sticker combo?
I'm thinking of using the green/white strip torso + the Velux sticker.
Any suggestion?

Well, if LEGO had more VERTICAL striped patterns, say one in blue/white, you
might have a Deportivo La Coruña or FC Porto shirt. But since they don't
have it... :-(
I suppose the old "s" with diagonal stripes shirts could be a nice pattern.
Or the older type of horizontal stripes, which come in red or blue. Both are
no longer in production, though.
In any case, perhaps a cool tip is changing the colour of the hips, so that
the "shorts" can be of a different colour than the "socks" - I've tried it
earlier and sometimes the results are quite nice!

Later, tell us of your choices for this issue!

Pedro (who can't have neither FC Porto or Boavista FC players depicted in LEGO)