 Space / 9870
Re: Galaxy Enforcer Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:33:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeromy Irvine writes:
Hi all. I figured that I'd go ahead and throw in my ship for the Galaxy
Enforcer contest since it looks like so much fun.

So, without further ado, here's my entry for the contest.

Let me congratulate you on your superb use of transparent bricks. It's
amazing the results that can be achieved with good lighting techniques.

First off, as the more observant readers have already noticed, my version of
the Galaxy Enforcer has a very good stealth mode. Don't worry though, I
assure that it does not have wings.

I particularly like the low-profile aspect of this craft. Its minimal aspect
presentation is beyond compare.

Another feature of note is the advanced vending machine system that can be
found throughout the ship. One of the major design criterion for this ship
was that no crew member should have to go more than 20 feet to get a Pepsi.
Granted, all the machines just eat the money and never actually serve up the
drink, but that's a minor issue that Engineering has promised to "look into
just as soon as we finish this next hand".

Now, is this like micro-transporter technology as is supposedly found in the
Star Trek I-IV movies, replicator technology, greased-up pneumatic chutes,
or what?

The last feature that I'd like to point out - and I hope you're sitting down
for this one - is that the ship can also be used as an emergency floatation
device. Now is that great, or what?

Very impressive. For those who didn't catch it, it does in some ways
resemble the yellow inflatable raft piece found in many X-treme Team sets.

I have only one other question about the ship: why is it upside down?

-Tom McD.
when replying, rewritable spamcake: the media of the future.