 Space / 10095
Re: Galaxy Enforcer Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:36:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.space, Matthew Gerber writes:
Before Greg is automaticaly disqualified for having wings on his Galaxy
Explorer, I would like to forward the idea that since he has wings ON his
wings, they effectively cancel each other out.

Am I right?

Matt 8?)
Matthew Gerber, and other people who want to ridicule me for my
interpretation of space craft, learn to act your age instead of your
intelligence quotient, or is your age your intelligence quotient?  The only
words that I have to say to you is that you are blatantly and unashamedly
exploting me and that you should grow up and quit acting as if you have your
pants around your ankles and your buttocks waving in the breeze.
I never said that I could not build wingless space craft, I only said that I
prefer to build my space craft WITH wings.  I have built several small space
craft that have small or nonexistent wings.  The Vessel Vanguard of my Gaea
Federation has small wings and my Cosmic Cruiser of the Nomadic Empire is in
an octagon shape.
The words that you speak to me seem to imply that I am stuck in some type of
rut by building space craft with wings but even I can break the mold of my
designs in space craft.

Sorry Charlie (1),

This thing has grown WAY beyond you now...it has entered the lugnet.space
collective conciousness and become what is know in the big city (2) as "a
running gag".

Actually, moreso than taking offense at times like this, you ought to be
proud. Something you said has become a joke for the ages.

But then, even before you take credit for this particular instance of the
aforementioned gag, I would point you to the Galaxy Enforcer contest page
at: http://www.geocities.com/lordviperscorpion5/galaxy.html
It clearly states, IN THE RULES, that entries CAN NOT have wings. I was just
hoping to preserve a tad of Greg's honor and dignity by showing the contest
organizer a possible loophole (3).

Sincerely,

Matthew Gerber (4)

(1) YES! I KNOW your name is Jesse...not Charlie...it's a bit of a joke, you
see...
(2) NO! I'm NOT making fun of where you might live...it's just a figure of
speech that I decided to use because it sounded funny...
(3) Well, actually, no I wasn't...as Foghorn Leghorn might say, "It's a JOKE
son! Do ya' get it boy?"
(4) GEEZ!
1.  I already know that piece of information, Matthew and you do not need to
repeat that to me, Matthew.
2.I never mentioned where I lived in that post, Matthew.  I may have
mentioned where I lived in another post but not that post, Matthew.  I just
wanted to inform you of the contents of the post, Matthew.
3.  (I make a small, descisive snort and a small laugh as I read that
response to my post.)
4.  It is me versus HOW many people on Lugnet?

I do believe that it is a joke and we have talked about wings and no wings
more often than a maxipad commercial.  (I hope that Shiri, Suzanne, and
other female users of Lugnet do not find that comment as sexist because it
is the truth that came from my post on Lugnet which was, after all, about
wings, particularly on space craft.)

Jesse Long