 Space / 9697
Re: Hello?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 19:40:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:

<...> I guess the only way I
can prove myself as an equal is to wait for my student loan to arrive so I
can use some of that money to purchase a significant amount of LEGO bricks,
LEGO plates, and LEGO pieces to build a thousand stud long space craft.

All kidding aside (and this is a bit of a touchy subject, we've had debates
about it before)... size isn't everything.

You do NOT need to build a huge model to show you have chops. A small nifty
one will do. And even if you aren't the slickest builder, you STILL can make
a valuable contribution to LUGNET in the groups, by sharing information
about sets, deals, construction techniques, media, etc. etc.

What is needed is for you to sort of start afresh in your approach. Lurk a
bit more and try to ask questions that show that you've done some thinking.
Try to contribute opinions that don't seem to suggest that you know all the
answers about how to make models that look good (space models, especially,
are a matter of personal preference).

Hope that helps.

You gotta give respect to get respect.

++Lar
I do have some small, nifty models, particularly of a fighter, which is not
complete due to a lack of proper LEGO pieces, though complete enough to show
an indication of serious thought in my mind.  This model is known as the
Solar Switchblade, a light (which does not mean weaponless) fighter in the
Gaea Federation fleet.  I constructed a rather nifty use of a Life on Mars
window from a T-3 Trike, combined that with a Mono Jet, and combined some
parts from a semi-recent Technic set, and built the Solar Switchblade.  I
made some blueprints to some of my work but it is really horrible,
especially since I can not draw very well and the fact that I use graph
paper rather than a computer.  (PaintBrush would take an excessively long
time so I write on graph paper.)  I do not recall the exact name of the
Technic set but I do know that it was a little red dune buggy or some other
type of vehicle made in the year 1999.  I will find the set so that I can
tell you what you need and you may also need to use some parts from the LEGO
Shop At Home service, Larry, so I will tell you what you need in order to
make this nifty space craft for your own enjoyment, Larry.
Jesse Long