 Space / 9696
9695  |  9697
Subject:
Which is better, 6984 or 6986?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 19:32:22 GMT

I have been seeing some sets in the archives section and I knew that set
number 6896 is known as the Mission Commander and set number 6984 is known
as the Galactic Mediator.  I, at one time in my life, actually owned a
complete set of 6984 but if I had a serious interest in LEGO sets at the age
of ten, I should have went to Tupelo (Mississippi) and bought me a copy of
6986.  This problem has also led to a debate in my head and it is which is
better, 6984 or 6986?  Here is some of the information I have thought of
these LEGO Space sets in my mind.
6984 can seperate into three parts but 6986 can only seperate into two
parts.  I am glad that 6984 and 6986 contain three figures so there will not
exist any complaints about the crew of these space transporters.  The only
wheeled vehicle in 6986 with wheels only has two wheels and it is as long as
the wheeled vehicle from 6984 but the wheeled vehicle from 6984 has four
sets of wheels and is better equipped to travel over rough terrain.  The
problem with this feature is that the vehicle is the only escape vehicle
from 6984 but I certainly enjoy the pieces that create the two other escape
vehicles from 6986.  6984 and 6986 have interesting and unique designs of
windscreens but 6986 uses too many windscreens and windows while 6984 uses
too few windscreens and windows.  6984 and 6986 are constructed of very good
LEGO bricks and LEGO plates that create good, functional, and simple designs
on these space craft.  Can any person help me with my debate (and hopefully
find some complete sets of these LEGO Space sets), please?  Thank you for
helping me.
Jesse Long