 Space / 9699
Re: Hello?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 19:49:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:

<...> I guess the only way I
can prove myself as an equal is to wait for my student loan to arrive so I
can use some of that money to purchase a significant amount of LEGO bricks,
LEGO plates, and LEGO pieces to build a thousand stud long space craft.

All kidding aside (and this is a bit of a touchy subject, we've had debates
about it before)... size isn't everything.

You do NOT need to build a huge model to show you have chops. A small nifty
one will do. And even if you aren't the slickest builder, you STILL can make
a valuable contribution to LUGNET in the groups, by sharing information
about sets, deals, construction techniques, media, etc. etc.

What is needed is for you to sort of start afresh in your approach. Lurk a
bit more and try to ask questions that show that you've done some thinking.
Try to contribute opinions that don't seem to suggest that you know all the
answers about how to make models that look good (space models, especially,
are a matter of personal preference).

Hope that helps.

You gotta give respect to get respect.

++Lar
You can combine a T-3 Trike, a Mono Jet, and a set numbered 8247 that was
released in 1999 to make many of the parts for the Solar Switchblade.
Jesse Long