 Space / 9508
Re: Wings [was: Re: Building big]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:29:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Selçuk Göre writes:
No, it's not..:-) At STP (Standard temperature and pressure, 1atm and
273K if IIRC), only 22.4 lt. of any gas would have 6.022x10^23
molecules.

<snip>

I might be
wrong about the numbers, it was 12 years ago, but the idea is quite true
I think.

Nope, you're quite right (it was least year for me and I remember perfectly).

The main problem when traveling through space at such high velocities is
the wear caused by the inter-whatever dust particles that impacting your
ship at similar velocities.

Zactly! Every little dust particle can be really harsh on the ship.

-Shiri