 Space / 9202
Re: Interior Doors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:50:55 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> writes:

William R Ward <bill@wards.net> writes:
I'm tearing my hair out trying to add internal doors to my latest MOC.
I have built several staterooms/cabins, but have been unable to come
up with a decent door mechanism.

What about a hinged door made of plates?  You can use a 1x2 plate with
handle attached to 1x1 plates with vertical clips as a hinge, or you can use
the 2/3 finger hinges.  Remember that 5 plates is the same height as 2
studs.  Here are some applications of these techniques.
The second one takes advantage of the holes in the hinge studs to offset the
hinge 1/2 of a stud on the door.  The other end of the hinge is pressed into
a technic beam.

The first technique looks somewhat flimsy unless it is done with a lot
of clips as you did in this example.  The second is quite clever - I
hadn't noticed the 1/2 offset when I saw this model earlier.  Very
cool!

For many years I thought I knew all there was to know about building
with Lego.  Exposure to Lugnet and Brickshelf has been very humbling
;-)  But I'm trying to catch up.

--Bill.

                    (formerly known as hermit@bayview.com)
                   Life is too important to take seriously.