 Space / 7533
Re: Hercules Class Capital Frigate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 00:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
ok
i liked this one so much
that even tho i just moved and had to cope w/
modem speed dl's and no DSL yet

i dl'd every pic

the IDEA is great
the execution is really good so far, but i see
a lot of 90 degree angles and blocky corners.

Well, Peter Guenther also commented on the sharp 90 degree angle from the
con tower to the main body and back again.  Also, I have to contend with the
flat underside of the main body section.  I will be placing a modular module
in that area that will give an inverse slope up each side to the base of the
main deck, thereby giving the overall shape of the main body section a more
sculpted look.  Right now it's sculpted from the floor of the main deck up
only.  The new module will also bring the belly of the main body section
level with the small service bay you see now.  When assembled, only the
lower portion of the con tower and the engine/warp aft section will extend
below the new body.

But the way I have designed it, this ship can function without the
additional module, and that's what I like about it.  Think about the Star
Wars medical frigate.  It's more tapered, but the front still extends far
down.  Right now, I can stick a millenium falcon (official TLG model) under
it, just like in the end of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Out.

I'm waiting on the 6x16 blue plates I need in order to finish the module, so
I should be able to post something in a couple of weeks.  Besides, when I
finish the module, I will probably reorganize the interior a bit.  Glad you
liked the overall look though. :^)  Ahhh.. the wonders of blue and
white...Clasic space rocks!

for this kind of moc that may be ok,
but i LOOOOVE the overall shape,

can't wait to see interior shots and