 Space / 7440
Re: Hercules Class Capital Frigate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 03:26:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes:
Very cool! I dig the look of this one, very rugged! Also like the way you
used the small white baseplates from the arctic set. Those baseplates come
in handy, eh? Those big ships eat up regular plates fast. Anyway, keep up
the good work.

Dan

Thanks, Dan! :^)

Tim Courtney told me a little while back that he had a high ratio of plates
to bricks that enabled the completion and look of his joint destroyer
project.  But you really have to be thrifty when your ratios are more like 1
plate to every 4 or 5 bricks, or worse.  :^(

I right away understood your methodology when I first saw your carrier - use
flat base plates where you can if the design allows for it, and save the
good standard plates for the visible detail.

Anyways, for the record, what you see is a viable completed model, save for
some sloping detail.  The ship can operate without a module attached.  I am
going to work on those belly modules though - the inclusion of a bottom
positioned flight deck was part of the original concept.  The important
thing is that I still want the forward con tower and the aft reactor room
and fuel tank area to extend below the main lines of the ship.

Glad you like it so far!

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.