 Space / 7437
Re: Hercules Class Capital Frigate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 23:48:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Peter Guenther writes:
Exterior digital shots only right now.  I will get some better photos for
the interiors developed and posted later this week or so.

Think:  "Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Out"

Let me be the first to comment since I was so late in my Destroyer opinions.
Looks great, Trevor!  The sides are very nicely articulated--overall, it's
got a nice texture.  I love the big guns on top as well, which I know you
also used for your most recent Destroyer.  I'll have to steal them for one
of mine.  Hmmm... Alpha team has those engines in black.  That says
Blacktron to me!!!

Hey, thanks Peter!  :^)  I really tryed to pay attention to the flow of the
hull and the color scheme in this one.  My initial concept sketches had the
"Belly" module in place - in reality it was supposed to completely
integrated, but I think some level of modularity is kind of useful.  As it
stands, the ship can operate without an additional module on it's stomach,
so that's why I wanted to show the ship as is for now.  The bay door on the
little service bay would have to be removed to accomodate a new module perhaps.

The profile leaves me a little cold though--I don't like the way the
underside goes up and then abruptly goes horizontal.  I'd like to see that
smoothed out some with inverse slopes.  We'll see once you've got the belly
module in.

You're right - You should look at my 'in progress' pics where the top deck
has not been added yet.  It really looks ho-hum at that point.  Well, it's
still a work in progress because I am waiting on some more parts for the
modules that I described.  I will see what I can do to clean the
undeneith-sloping up while I wait to aquire more of the necessary parts for
my modules.

What I would really like to do is have the belly module have some-what
inverse-sloping sides, sort of like Mark Sandlin's industrial automation
freighter, where that "guppy-like" grey cargo hold sloped inwards and
downwards.  A blue version of that (without the 1/4 domes) with a white
stripe and lotsa greebles should look pretty snappy.  It would also tie the
ships lines together a bit better.  Thoughts?

Great cockpit and some nice details.  I like the antenna clusters.  Looking
forward to seeing the interior!

Peter

All in good time, my liege.  All in good time!  :^D

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.