 Space / 7312
Re: Atmospheric Mecha Carrier Update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:22:27 GMT

Paul Baulch at paul@vic.bigpond.net.au wrote:

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
news:B6BE8C53.DD02%sandlin@nwlink.com...

Remember, your weapon was built by the lowest bidder!

<snip>

So why am I quibbling? Well, when I see the saying "it was built by the
lowest bidder" being used to justify a less interesting design,

<snip>

I think your statement is the source of your issue. The phrase isn't meant
to justify a less interesting design. (Besides, why would I be trying to
justify something Mladen built when I don't know his reasons?)

It's a phrase that's meant to remind you that your weapon isn't the best
that money can buy, it's the cheapest that money can buy while still serving
the intended mission goals with an "acceptable" rate of loss.

Plus, it's just one of those humorous military phrases. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego