 Space / 6131
Re: build time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:51:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
re: the issue bleow that kirby and J.D. have raised.
how long DOES it take us to build things?
in real actual hours worked?

when we post MOC's, how about posting some
basic stats, like buildtime, for example?

thx much
-paul

<snip>

     I just finished sorting last night!!!!!!:^D

     Whew!

     It took me just over a week (mostly because I was stricken with a
recuring fever or something of that ilk) and I had to purchase more bins.  I
got a couple of drawer stacks at Wall Mart on sale and boy did they ever fix
some of my organization problems.
     Anyhow, my building sessions generally last about five or six hours
over a couple of days.  Sometimes I simply want to finish something so that
I can apply a specific function that I really want.  For example, I built a
shuttle a few months back.  When I began, I only had one intention, to use a
cockpit/canopy that I think came with an aquazone set (I got the pieces in a
collection that I bought last summer) so that I could see how it looked.
When I got to the wings, I decided to use click hinges from SW sets.  The
craft did not stem from any inspiration or previous attempts...I simply
wanted to try a couple of ideas.  The model turned into a shuttle craft of
sorts and is not very interesting.  It took a single building session of six
or seven hours.  Believe me, I spent much more time looking for parts than
actually building.
     But my sorting is done!!!!
     My building sessions should efectively be cut in half now :^D

     ~Kirby~