 Space / 6130
Re: build time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:34:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
re: the issue bleow that kirby and J.D. have raised.
how long DOES it take us to build things?
in real actual hours worked?

when we post MOC's, how about posting some
basic stats, like buildtime, for example?

thx much
-paul

<snipped>

Well... my Piranha Mk4 probably took about.. 12-16 hours.. but my bricks
aren't sorted. Unless boxes and trays on the table and floor count. It went
through numerous designs, failures and redesigns. Getting the opposable
steering to work right, and then work reliably was a pain - I simply don't
have much in the way of technic sets and the few gears I have were used. It
was pretty brutal. Once I got the mechanics of it down - trying to figure
out the mounting for the body so that it wouldn't break, but would allow the
various linkages used to move freely took me a few hours as well.

It took me about a week, building in 2-3 hour sessions to get it completed,
then I came back and redesigned the axles a week later because the bloody
tires kept falling off every time I picked it up... so.. probably closer to
20 hours.

The Arach mecha didn't take nearly that long. I think I had the basic shape
done in about three hours and in about 6 total, including revision of the
legs a couple times, it was mostly done.

Things are taking me less time I'm finding, as I now know where my bricks
are, once again, since the boxes and trays are layed out in fairly specific
locations. It would undoubtedly take a lot less time if I were to actually
sort my bricks like a lot of others around here do. I just can't justify
taking the time to do that yet.:)

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm