 Space / 6132
Re: off topic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:31:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Scot Jandly writes:
hey is the accepted height for a minifig 6 feet?

THX

I guess that depends on what you use for the scale. Generally I scale my
minifig models to the minifig, which I like to think of as a nice round 6'
tall. Things work out rather nicely this way since everything is in
proportion to the minifig. :-)

I also scale by the stud, where one stud is equal to one foot. This works
nicely for minifig vehicles and buildings. (A simple car would be 4' x 10',
close to real life I suppose.) The downside to this scale is that the
standard minifig comes out to about 5'-6"... A little short in my mind.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure that TLC has a set true minifig scale
either. A lot of the models that have been LEGOfied don't quite match either
of the scales I described above. They more-or-less go with what's is
economical and aesthetically pleasing.

So, to answer your question, the minifig is whatever height you want it to
be. :-)

-Duane