 Space / 6110
  build time

re: the issue bleow that kirby and J.D. have raised. how long DOES it take us to build things? in real actual hours worked? when we post MOC's, how about posting some basic stats, like buildtime, for example? thx much -paul (...) than me...as does (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: build time

(...) All righty then. Just off the top of my head, my Spidertank took approximately four hours, from concept to finish. (That includes trying different stuff and rebuilding bits here and there) My latest HF-250 Freighter took about 7 hours, spread (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: build time

(...) I have a very difficult time answering the "How long..." question. Should the answer include the hours of experimentation, thinking and planning before and during the build? Is the person asking going to understand "40 hours", "80 hours", "500 (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: build time

(...) I'm gonna jump on your bandwagon here. A recent example is my first entry to the Ancient Building Theme contest this time. I've thought about this project for about 3 years, (actually probably before the first contest, though I couldn't have (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  RE: build time

(...) I don't really ever keep track. Building is a recreation after all, and I don't think recreation should be timed :) Anyway, lemme guesstimate some building times... My Classic Space contest entries were pretty straight forward. I played with (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  you can't but you did

yes, of course, the "buildtime" stat won't be perfect but already in the replies to my initial post, we've seen emails w/ lots of interesting info about the thoughts, reasons, development issues, and time spent on numerous models from Mark's ships (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: build time

(...) Good question, Wayne. I never know myself, either. My inn, for example, took exactly a month from the second I laid the first brick until the time I posted "finished" pictures. In hours I probably didn't work on it for more than a 30-40 hours; (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: build time

(...) <snipped> Well... my Piranha Mk4 probably took about.. 12-16 hours.. but my bricks aren't sorted. Unless boxes and trays on the table and floor count. It went through numerous designs, failures and redesigns. Getting the opposable steering to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: build time

(...) <snip> I just finished sorting last night!!!!!!:^D Whew! It took me just over a week (mostly because I was stricken with a recuring fever or something of that ilk) and I had to purchase more bins. I got a couple of drawer stacks at Wall Mart (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: you can't but you did

(...) I did not mean to imply that the info gleaned from this thread would not be useful. I was trying to indicate that (as others have also added) information about the time spent must be appended with apropriate explanations to be truly (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)