 Space / 6109
6108  |  6110
Subject:
Time enough to build?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:26:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, John D. Forinash writes:
In article <G73v8C.KxM@lugnet.com>, Kirby Warden <inourimage@msn.com> wrote:
    It's just not fare!  You have so many more pieces than me...as does
most everyone else that posts on Brickbay.  Ball joints? Sure, I've got two
or three of those.  1x3 left and right angle wedges? purty darn near a pair
in every color except white (I've got plenty enough in white :^)).  I think

While I can relate to this, I think the real problem is there's two other
things Muffin Head and some of the other posters have than I'd rather have
more than their brick collections.

One's skill, the other's free time. :) I went to go look at some of the
pages here, and I can't imagine the hours it takes to build some of these
things.

Semester breaks and the beginnings of terms, though, I get some time
to play with. I've started on another expansion deck to my "Super
Galactic Mediator" (I've moved pictures to Brickshelf, see them at
) to approximately double the size of it. The idea for this is that
what I've currently got can be a cargo shuttle down to the surface of
a planet, and the expansion module can be a space-only cargo hauling
monster.

-JDF

     Actually it doesn't really take very long to build something in the
size that normally appears on Brickshelf.
     If you're into capital shipbuilding, however, better take a vacation
from work for a few weeks :^)
     I found that my main probablem with time is that my Legos weren't
sorted well.  I'm currently correcting that.
     As far as skill is concerned, that seems to come with trial and error.
Some things work, some don't.  Familarity with the pieces and how they work
together help immensly.  For instance, I'm just learning how well Technic
parts work with other pieces to make detailed and functional ships.

     ~Kirby~