 Space / 6010
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update! 1/12/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:17:40 GMT

in article G73A6v.CB8@lugnet.com, Joel Jacobsen wrote:

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone,

New pictures on my website:

- HF-250 Medium Freighter

Excellent, Mark! I love the landing gear door. Nice integration to keep the
profile so slim. (1)

Your creativity just amazes me. I really like this for a freighter style.

Thanks! I recommend watching the anime Cowboy Bebop. Aside from being a good
show, there are some really interesting spaceship designs. Bounty hunters in
space. How cool :^)

- MM-10 Spidertank

Now that is a tank.(2)  It really gives  the impression of power - probably
because the short, squat legs. It reminds me of something one might see in a
Shirow anime, or something from Patlabor.

Thanks. I really tried to capture that sort of bulky feel. I really liked
that tank thingy at the end of Ghost in the Shell. I was shooting for that
sort of look.

I see a lot of pieces that I would love to have or have more of used here. :)
I have to get some of those ball joints at some point. I've avoided the
"robots in a can" and related sets so far, but like Technic in general I
think I've been limiting myself.

Well, the only reason I bought any of the ThrowupBots was for the ball
joints. They are pretty useful. :^)

<snip>

(1) there are two links that don't work for me:
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spacecraft/iafreighter/iafreighter17.html
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spacecraft/iafreighter/iafreighter18.html

(2) http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/mecha/spidertank/spidertank6.html
The page comes up but with no image.

OK, links are fixed. I usually screw up at least one of my HTML pages when I
update. Thanks for pointing those out for me.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego