 Space / 5617
  Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

Griffon Industries released this heavy frigate, bigger then out Highwind, at the MichLUG/GMLTG/Steve's party on Wednesday December, 27th. It seemed to have gotten great reviews, and we are now releasing it to the general public. Please don't just (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

(...) Okay: It has a nice and speedy and powerful look to it, but all it really seems to be is a grey slab. Even if you can't think of what they would be or do, add little stuff jutting out from the ship. Take a look at Mark Sandlin's microfig (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

"Rick Hallman" <Griffon_Industries@...emove.com> wrote in message news:G6AJo0.F90@lugnet.com... (...) at (...) It looks basic and serviceable, but not terribly exciting. Also, the back looks 'flat', with a lack of obvious engine exhaust. -john (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

Ok, I just don't like microfig scale that much. Unless it is extremly innovative and/or cool I'll just pretty much ignore it, but that's *my" personal opinion-I dont wan't to start a whole argument about what scale is better-I just prefer minifig (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

Me too. Micro fig is an excellent scale to work with, but to me, it's all about detail. Personally, I think it is much more difficult to make a large minifig scale capitol ship actually look decent and functional at the same time, because you get (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

Overall, I like it. It's a classic body shape, but it works. Things to consider: -You definitely need to render the surface more--give it a texture other than studs or smooth. Part of this is to ADD ARMAMENT. -I've got reservations about that (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

(...) Yes, but, MY capital ship will kick YOUR capital ship's titanium and ablatively shielded a**! :^D The Blacktron Empire is in a for a serious whipping with a wet noodle. All in good humor, of course. ~Trev Astro Lift Co. (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

Trevor Pruden <trevor_pruden@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G6BDzn.AuM@lugnet.com... (...) <sarcasm="on"> And after its through doing that, mine will kick yours, because it has super duper laser tecnhology and anti laser defense technology. BTW (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

(...) Ack! :^D Ensign, fire a full slavo of quantum torpedos! Somebody send an emergency message to Admiral Sanburn! Hey, yeah it was too bad that I could not make it. Had to work. Right now my Mark 4 Destroyer is about 70 % complete - just waiting (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate

(...) Someone's asking for his comeuppance! Who's got the Capital Ships rules expansion for BrikWars? =) Peter (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)