 Space / 5628
Re: Griffon Industries releases Bahamut-Class Frigate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 22:53:59 GMT

Me too.  Micro fig is an excellent scale to work with, but to me, it's all
about detail.  Personally, I think it is much more difficult to make a large
minifig scale capitol ship actually look decent and functional at the same
time, because you get caught up in the structure and always are at a lack of
pieces.   I am always having the tough challenge of pulling this sort of
thing off.  This is even harder when your fighters are large, and they have
to dock inside the capitol ship.  Anyone can say anything about a micro fig
scale ship because the internal guts are all in the imagination.  If you
want true detail, minifig is where it's at. Unless, of course, the micro fig
scale ship is monsterous in size, like Mark Sandlin's carrier.  That one is
a beauty.

Right now I can barely scrape the surface of functionality, let alone
coolness.  I end up choosing plane-looking functionality over something that
kicks a**.  My solution:  Build bigger!  Big.  BIG!!! moohahaha!!!

...must...exceed...200...stud...barrier...

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.
"Me build'em shiney bird!"  :)

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:
Ok, I just don't like microfig scale that much.  Unless it is extremly
innovative and/or cool I'll just pretty much ignore it, but that's *my"
personal opinion-I dont wan't to start a whole argument about what scale is
better-I just prefer minifig over microfig...

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
Griffon Industries released this heavy frigate, bigger then out Highwind, at
the MichLUG/GMLTG/Steve's party on Wednesday December, 27th. It seemed to
have gotten great reviews, and we are now releasing it to the general
public. Please don't just casually throw it to the side. I need feedback.
GOOD OR BAD.

Griffon Industries
'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...'
Rick Hallman