 Space / 39569
39568  |  39570
Subject:
Improved Space Combat Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:03:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello, all!  Mostly a lurker, life's been busy -- a career position at a busy
hospital in the Baltimore area?  Maybe, if I'm lucky.  Odd, then, that I'm
building military MOCs.  Well.

Introducing the UIW's Improved Combat Superiority Fightercraft:

(I hope I'm doing this Lugnet code properly)

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Snay/UIW/CombatSpaceFighter/front_angled.jpg>>

The ICSF boasts four engines, two of which are dual-capable of limited FTL
jumps.  Featuring improved thruster-control and a powerful radar/sensor array in
the nose, the fighter's armaments include 50mm cannons mounted port and
starboard, as well as four missile or probe mounting points under the fuselage.
A utility box behind the pilot's chair houses survival gear (including a fire
extinguisher), and a sparse repair kit for minor damage.  Learning from previous
designs, designers included a direct access point to the ship's computer and
fuel systems on the nose, as well as cutting space by leaving some engine
components exposed.  In response to a vast number of pilot losses as a result of
landing-gear failure, the undercarriage was reinforced to act as a landing skid.

Please, don't pull punches in your critiques.  Thank you.

-Jeff Benson

When moderated, the Gallery is here:

Deeplinks:

Front, Angled