 Space / 39572
Re: Improved Space Combat Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 22:36:10 GMT

"Jeff Benson" <Malsnay@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:Io27tF.1tzt@lugnet.com...
(I hope I'm doing this Lugnet code properly)

Looks okay so far :)

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Snay/UIW/CombatSpaceFighter/front_angled.jpg>>

The ICSF boasts four engines, two of which are dual-capable of limited FTL
jumps.  Featuring improved thruster-control and a powerful radar/sensor
array in
the nose, the fighter's armaments include 50mm cannons mounted port and
starboard, as well as four missile or probe mounting points under the
fuselage.
A utility box behind the pilot's chair houses survival gear (including a
fire
extinguisher), and a sparse repair kit for minor damage.  Learning from
previous
designs, designers included a direct access point to the ship's computer
and
fuel systems on the nose, as well as cutting space by leaving some engine
components exposed.  In response to a vast number of pilot losses as a
result of
landing-gear failure, the undercarriage was reinforced to act as a landing
skid.

Please, don't pull punches in your critiques.  Thank you.

The front of the craft doesn't fit in with the rest of it, it is way too
blocky and needs something extra to put the angles out of the picture.
Other than that this model is almost perfect, except for the fact that the
nose may be a few studs too long.

I would also like a better shot of the undercarriage, perhaps you could show
the landing gear in the extended position as well?  It might be hard to do
with the canopy on, but can you get a pilot's eye view of the nose from the
cockpit?

-Jeff Benson

When moderated, the Gallery is here:

It's moderated already! *grins*  An excellent model with a surprising lack
of visible studded construction, but with some minor improvements I think
this model could be perfect!

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde