 Space / 37541
Re: New MOC: Sparrowhawk Pirate Strike Craft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:40:28 GMT

Once again, I’ve forgotten to respond to many gracious posts. Sorry for the late replies all.

In lugnet.space, Kyle Vrieze wrote:
   Dude, pirates have the coolest spaceships. If it weren’t for those dang PCS Star Ranger patrols, piracy would be all beer and skittles.

Indeed.

   Great presentation, Soren. My favorite pic is the one where it’s maxed out on missiles, but for me, what gives that shot its impact is that in all the previous shots, the Sparrowhawk is basically stripped down.

Thanks. I really enjoy modular weapons, it’s part of my general missile obsession.

   Kinda like how anime series (Robotech, BGC, Martian Successor Nadeisco, etc.) intorduce more accessories and upgrades to the mecha and ships over the course of the series. Nice touch.

It would be cool to use your idea for the manuevering thrusters at the back of your missiles, but I just can’t bring myself to cut off the bases of my “goblet” parts like that.

Oh, it’s not hard; just start chopping :). If you need them unmodded later, there’s always Bricklink.

I’m kind of conflicted about it myself, seeing as it’s skirting the boundaries of acceptable piece modification for me. Then again, it does look nice...

Soren