 Space / 37280
Re: Is there a guide to which bricks go best with which transparent elements?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 02:46:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:
   I am planning on building a Space MOC, and I wanted to know if there are any guides which can help to pick viable colors for space cockpits. Obviously if using certain transparent cockpit elements, they will block some colors, so is there some easy way of determining which color bricks go best with which transparent colored cockpit elements, without actually having to have the actual transparent cockpit in the color I’m planning on using for it?

There is a way.

You put the colors you want to experiment with next to each other.

Get a transparent canopy, and put it on a few pieces of another color. Does it work for you? Maybe the pairing is plain and unimpressive. Get another color to go with it, perhaps as a trim color. And maybe, just maybe, another color for machinery, equipment and engines. There.. you’ve started with no more than 3 opaque colors. If you must add another color, keep it to a very few parts.

So now that you have your colors, find out how and where others have used their colors, and what ship parts they’ve accentuated. Surf the web for space and aircraft you like. You could even try to copy somebody’s Lego model in other colors for practice to see why it does/n’t work. Be sure to credit their design :-)

-Tom McD.
http://www.spamcake.com