 Space / 37015
Re: Mobile Party Palace (Space Wheels Contest Entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:35:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:
   This is one of the most original MOCs I’ve seen in a while. I hope you’ll post some construction-type pics, ‘cause I want to show my son (age 8) this MOC as an example of how everything doesn’t have to have a pointy nose and wings to be “space.”

More photos <sob>! I’ll try and borrow the camera again this weekend and get a few showing how it is put together.

   It still has swooshability, albeit ground-based. And I love the way you modeled the tire track, even putting the tread pattern in the track. Well done!

I hadn’t really thought about it’s “swooshability” It was built with the intention of being a display piece. That being said, the whole thing is pretty sturdy, It survived numerous falls while I was trying to balance it for photos. However in order to get it to stand alone on the single wheel like that the main axle is actually keyed into one of these on either side:

This stops the wheel rotating when it is being displayed.

After I had completed building I was curious so I briefly changed the pieces above to these:

The wheel did turn, but the clearance is a bit tight in places and it rubbed rather than spinning smoothly.

Cheers Tim