 Space / 37045
Re: Mobile Party Palace (Space Wheels Contest Entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:56:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Brian Cooper wrote:

That’s a great work on the picture, a slightly smoking trail of squashed debris going off into the distance. (The only thing missing for image realism is the dark shadow cast over the landscape by the towering MPP.)

DOH! Well spotted, I’ll take a look at sorting that on monday! I was so busy worrying about the details of the trail I forgot the totally obvious!

I’m still not sure how such a big monowheel vehicle can steer.

Like I said, in the original post, technology indistinguishable from magic! :)

   It can’t lean, because that would slosh the partygoers around too much. Must be like a smartwheel, changing shape asymmetrically to steer and stabilize - a velvety ride while crushing the countryside. (This is the hallmark of a good sci-fi MOC, it gets you thinking about how it functions and inspires short stories.)

Cheers Tim