 Space / 37017
Re: Mobile Party Palace (Space Wheels Contest Entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:39:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

When I saw this neat MOC on Brickshelf a few days ago, I felt an irresistible back story compulsion, since it had a sci-fi book cover art quality to it...

“Hey, that was a blast wasn’t it. That planet blew up real good!”

“Eh, it was ok. Nothing like the days of the Party Palace.”

“Oh, I heard of that. It crashed and burned, didn’t it?”

“Yeah, but how else could it go out, one last crazy party... It was on the planet Erf, or something like that, that’s what the natives called it. They were these ridiculous little tiny critters, with meat brains! They thought they were the greatest thing in the Multiverse so naturally The Party Palace was set down on the surface to run em all over! I don’t remember much, I was stoned out of my mind at the time...”

“You were actually there?”

“Yeah I had a suite on the 100th floor - a front facing balcony. I vomited over it at one point. The guys on the balcony below didn’t even notice the liquid mercury spilling down on them, they were stoned too.”

“That’s all you remember?”

“Hmm, well, we drove around the planet a few times, crushing the cities, partying. The Erflings tried to fight back I think, then offered to surrender. It was broadcast on the suite holovision. Hilarious! The Party Palace just kept rollin on until there were treadmarks over everything. Nobody stops the party once it gets started. Nobody.”

“How’d it crash then?”

“Tire blew and she rolled over. All the partygoers were evacuated on the transport. There was a big lawsuit. Firestorm (maker of the Mobile Megopolis all season radial) said it was improper inflation. Party Palace Inc. said it was defective. Certainly the Erflings had nothing to do with it, they were wiped out by that point.”

“Heh, cool story... Hey, let’s blow up another planet!”

“Sure, but it better have some sort of organic intelligence. That last one with just the vegetation didn’t do anything for me.”