 Space / 36915
  Quasar Rocketship!

I've been really inspired lately by Chris Giddens' 1950s-esque retro-space aesthetic and I wanted to make a rocket in this vein. However, being me, it had to be a big spaceship with an interior, not just a spacefighter. I've also wanted to do (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) It's turning out quite well. You put in fuel tanks! Excellent. I don't like the space wheel, but then I have a pet hate of space wheel nozzles. I'd like to see what the whole thing looks like with a dorsal fin, too. You've taken on quite a (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

Hi Lenny, I really like the overall shape of this rocket. I really can see this retro style in there! Wonderfull MOC, although I would like it a little bit more rounded. But the use of slopes works very well anyway. And I think your try at making (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

Very cool! Gets a "10" for whooshability! :) --Dan (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) Dude, do you really have a photo from the Princess Bride on a shelf in your house? Oh, the MOC, it's very cool. Unfortunately, I've had (URL) half a ship> with a zero G interior for years. Honestly though, you crammed more into that tiny (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) cover. You did the zero-gee very well, I picked up on that before reading the description, cause I like to look at MOCs first. Great job! George (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

While I enjoyed this moc Mr. Lenny, especially the simulated zero-g interiors, I find the increasing number of "Lenny-shots" in the gallery quite disturbing. What's next?...Lenny doing naked snow-angels in the shattered remnants of his Brickfest (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) Wouldn't those be properly referred to as "Brick Angels"? And I'm all for it, providing we replace Lenny with a hot coed, and lego bricks with, I dunno, cheesey-puffs? (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) Keith, Please do not give away any hints of my future projects. Those 'special' pictures were meant for you and you alone >wink< But in all seriousness, the multiple lennyshots are from my difficulty of balancing the camera on the back of the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) I stand corrected...naked brick-angels. Lenny, I think you've got your xmas card for this year nailed down. -Keith (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

Use spare LEGO beams and parts to make a better platform for the camera while you get into position. Pros: Costs you nothing, can be "recycled" after use without a trip to the recycle centre. Cons: Except, of course, buildtime and suitable spare (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

If this had been posted on Brickshelf under an anonymous name, I would have identified the builder immediately. It is unapologetically Lenny in style, complete with distinctive EB grey and red coloring, snotless exterior, and that charming smile. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) -snip- Lenny, I always enjoy the expressiveness that you get out of your minifigs, whether they be floating in a cramped, zero-G fuselage or floating in the people's bathtub. That's a really nice interior. (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

I'm sharing some 'naked' pictures of the Quasar, showing how I gave it the rounded shape, etc. (URL) Basically shows the panels and how I used to snot to attach them. Its actually pretty basic stuff, given that you have one billion slopes. Which I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) I can hear the 2001 theme song now. I can see it slowly twirling in space to enter the doughnut shaped Krispy Kreme fly through space station. Its beautiful. P.S. Damn your bazillion slope pieces! Create jealousy in me, will you? Oh, I didn't (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Quasar Rocketship!

(...) Lenny, Yeah, this is a good way to do it, if you have the million slope. Were I to try this, I would have to make some vomitous color combination of red, black and blue to get enough slopes. Thanks, George (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.space)