 Space / 37303
Re: Quasar Rocketship!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:16:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   I’ve been really inspired lately by Chris Giddens’ 1950s-esque retro-space aesthetic and I wanted to make a rocket in this vein. However, being me, it had to be a big spaceship with an interior, not just a spacefighter. I’ve also wanted to do something with a zero-gravity interior (since this is SPACE afterall), so.. here we go:

QUASAR!

I’m fairly sure this is the first spaceship to really offer a zero-g environment. Getting good convincing details in a zero-g environment is a bit tough - my next version of the Quasar will have a longer fuselage and will feature sleeping and eating areas.

Enjoy!
-Lenny

I can hear the 2001 theme song now. I can see it slowly twirling in space to enter the doughnut shaped Krispy Kreme fly through space station. Its beautiful.

P.S. Damn your bazillion slope pieces! Create jealousy in me, will you? Oh, I didn’t mean that, I just got rocket envy, that’s all.

-Avery