 Space / 36931
Re: Quasar Rocketship!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:37:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   I’ve been really inspired lately by Chris Giddens’ 1950s-esque retro-space aesthetic and I wanted to make a rocket in this vein. However, being me, it had to be a big spaceship with an interior, not just a spacefighter. I’ve also wanted to do something with a zero-gravity interior (since this is SPACE afterall), so.. here we go:

QUASAR!

I’m fairly sure this is the first spaceship to really offer a zero-g environment. Getting good convincing details in a zero-g environment is a bit tough - my next version of the Quasar will have a longer fuselage and will feature sleeping and eating areas.

Enjoy!
-Lenny

Dude, do you really have a photo from the Princess Bride on a shelf in your house? Oh, the MOC, it’s very cool. Unfortunately, I’ve had half a ship with a zero G interior for years. Honestly though, you crammed more into that tiny interior than I put in a huge zero g envrironment. The interior of this MOC reminds me alot of the interior of the space shuttle, tight quarters, crammed full of electronics and stuff, and unhampered by a single direction of “downness.” I think it’s interesting how you worked the buble canopy into the fuselage and suspect that the canopy coming on the new JSF would blend even better and look really good in that spot (twitches in anticipation). I do think that this could use more fins, but that’s just a personal aesthetic.

-Dan Rubin