 Space / 36845
Re: 3vil Hovertank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 03:19:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

At 11:33 PM 25/10/2004, you wrote:
Ph34r my 3vil Hovertank! Muahahahahaha!

Well, it has some interesting design ideas, cool cockpit, but it's another
skull, and I have to say, that detracts from this MOC more that it
compliments it in my opinion.

I think the Skull is getting a bit boring

Look, I know that I'm bumping my post here, but I fell I need to make
myself clearer about what I wanted to say.  I posted this after a long day,
I wasn't thinking straight, although that is no excuse.  if you wish to
come down on my for post bumping, fine, do so.

Mark, I felt that your MOC had a lot of really, really interesting ideas in
it, the cockpit was well thought out, the rotational functionality was
excellent, and the hover apparatus is different.  It is not a bad MOC at all.

HOWEVER

I feel that the 3vil theme isn't that well represented here.  there is a
lot more white that just the Skull, and that confuses the MOC IMHO.

secondly, and I suspect that I am going to offend many people, and please
don't think that this is a barb against anyone, just an observation I have
made, I feel that MOC is just another Hovertank.  It seems that there are
many people building MOCs for themes just to get the praise for the theme,
not the actual MOC.  In this instance, I feel that the creativity of many
of these builders is being compromised because they are not building for
themselves, they are building for others.

This is a very, very fine line.  I have been inspired by many of the themed
MOC around (Iron Reich, PCS, EB just to name a few) and have had ideas for
MOC based in these themes, As have many others.  However the umpteenth Fad
for Theme X doesn't feel to me that it was inspired by any theme, just
another hovertank for another theme.  I'm only using Hovertanks as an
example here because it is what is currently being built, I have nothing
against Hovertanks

With this MOC I would suggest that perhaps using grey JackStone engine
pieces instead of the white ones, and Red arches on the turret as opposed
to the white ones, there is little Red and Black on this MOC and they seem
to be the colours of 3vil, as well as a white skull motif.

Please, I'm just trying to outline what I have seen develop lately, and I
hope that people are being as creative and clever as they can be, I do
"Get" the 3vil thing, I just don't think this MOC portrays 3vil as well as
it should, given that Mark is the creator of this theme.

Leg Godt

Travis Matheson